Embarking on a sailing holiday with Canary Sail in Tenerife? It’s essential to pack wisely, as space on board is limited and you’ll want to maximise comfort and convenience. Here’s a comprehensive guide to ensure you have everything you need for a delightful, hassle-free sailing experience.
What to Pack for Your Sailing Holiday
- Travel Bags: Opt for flexible sports bags or backpacks that can be easily stowed away. Rigid suitcases are not recommended due to limited storage.
- Day Bag: A waterproof bag is ideal for safeguarding your camera, phone, and wallet.
- Beach Bag: For your towels, sunscreen, and snorkelling gear.
- Security Pouch: An under-the-shirt pouch is advisable for keeping important documents safe.
- Swimwear: Bring multiple options so you always have a dry one.
- Beach Attire: Lightweight, quick-drying garments. Bring your own beach towel!
- Sun Protection: Long-sleeved shirts, polo shirts with collars.
- Waterproof Gear: A lightweight, waterproof jacket for unexpected showers.
- Evening Wear: A warm jumper or jacket for cooler evenings.
- Dining Out: A casual outfit for restaurant visits.
- Footwear: Deck shoes with non-marking soles.
- Sun Protection: Oil-free sunscreen.
- Lip Balm: Choose one with SPF.
- Travel-Sized Essentials: Shampoo, soap, toothbrush, and toothpaste.
- Seasickness Aids: Pills or patches if you’re prone to seasickness.
- Medications: Both prescription and over-the-counter, with all necessary documentation.
- Identification: Passport, visas, and driver’s license.
- Sailing Certification: If you’re sailing yourself, bring original certificates.
- Insurance Details: Holiday insurance cover, essential!
- Charter Documents: Required for your yacht rental.
- Utilities: Zip-lock bags and a small flashlight/headtorch.
- Tech Gear: Cell phone chargers, electronic adapters, including 12V cigar lighter/USB charger.
By carefully selecting what you bring, you’ll ensure a more enjoyable and less cluttered sailing holiday. Remember, when in doubt, less is more!